Proven: Re-Training Programs Institutes has worked for India. The IT boom started decade ago in India and has employed several millions of its workforce and many of these folks has acquired required skills in these institutes.
When I say it worked it means people are trained cheaply and quickly in skills which are highly desired in the job market and are able to get a job without having any formal degree in Computers.
Lets compare Re-Training Program Institutes with University Education.
- Opportunity to be a student for a long time which helps us listen, observe and learn from others, and this is not possible at the workplace.
- Very expensive
- Requires longer commitment
- Becomes extremely difficult if you are also working fulltime
- Very generic course ware and you may not like all
- And at the end you may not even get a degree for failing few classes
- They are less cheaper then Universities
- Less greater environment or people around to learn
- You have to try learn everything from the books
- Works better for working folks
- You may end up learning everything hard way
Re Training Institutes
- They are less expensive (10 times cheaper then affiliated college)
- Mainly focus on what is required in the real market
- Don't bother you with class attendance and degrees
- Easy and quick way of acquiring new skills
- Usually their course ware are for couple of weeks which is perfect for job seeker or someone who wants to add new skills to his resume or use at his work without the pain of self learning everything hard way
Re-Training Institutes have really worked for India and they are popular, located almost every where and they bridge the gap between a university education and required real job skills.
One more thing very interesting about them is they pay no taxes in India.
I have experience studying at one of best universities in US, India and also being part of these Institutes and hiring people at many enterprises.